Saturday, July 23, 2011

 Well hope everyone is having a good summer and keeping cool.
     I am still getting lumbar injections and trying to put off seeing a surgeon as long as possible.
  Meanwhile here is another Leisure Arts Baby Afghan I have finished ( order here)  http://www.amazon.com/Keepsake-Baby-Afghans-Leisure-Arts/dp/1574869000    ( Peach Caron yarn)    http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_simplysoft.html   


      Plus and oldie I pulled out of storage .It is somewhere around 30 years old .I don't even know if I could find the pattern.I think it was a rose pattern a friend , Asterie , played around with and came up with the bigger flower.Mine I did as a brown chrysanthemum . We have  a much better choice of greens these days. I do know it is Red heart yarn.
 Life is moving along fast and you feel you need to hold on to people especially grandchildren. My oldest grandson will soon be 20 .His father has taught him to play guitar & drums and he plays in their church band and sings like a nightingale. His brother will be 18 and a senior this year. They mow my yard and take care of it for me. Such good boys
 My oldest granddaughter  ( soon to be 16 ) is a sophomore this year & is now 5' 9"and towers over me. The twins Eli & Hannah will be 12 this fall & are as tall as I.They all love tubbing behind their daddy's boat.No setting in front of a TV for any of them.
 I do have a new neighbor ;

 A little brown house wren House Wren Photo Felt secure to build her nest in my dining room window. I feel so honored she trust me to raise her babies in my window! She has raised one family . of which, I missed seeing them leave the nest,. Now she's setting on another nest of eggs.Maybe I'll be lucky enought to see them when they leave the nest. For sure they are home bodys.....
                                               Brown House Wren
 A plain brown bird with an effervescent voice, the House Wren is a common backyard bird over nearly the entire Western Hemisphere. Listen for its rush-and-jumble song in summer and you’ll find this species zipping through shrubs and low tree branches, snatching at insects. House Wrens will gladly use nestboxes, or you may find their twig-filled nests in old cans, boots, or boxes lying around in your garage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you still blog occasionally. Good luck with your injections - may God strengthen and keep you safe.

Annie