Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Dear husband ,Gone Home

February 5,1960
Gone Home
I want to keep this because it was written 11 days after my husband died. It was for me that I wrote it on paper ,it gave me some release to testify about God and his goodness. .
magnify

Friends

I may not be here for a while,

My best friend and companion of 47 years went home to be with the Lord July 28,2007 at 10;14 am. I was holding him in my arms when he left.I had been holding his coffee cup letting him sip coffee as he was tired and weak not sleeping much for the past couple of nights.

He did not die of cancer. All the x-rays could not even find the tumors so doctors told us the cancer was gone.

God is good.

He also had COPD which is chronic obstructive pulmonary Disease . Thats put such a strain on his heart as his lungs struggled to get oxygen in to his lungs that he had a heart attack.

He had a heart attack in 1982 and surgery in 1983.And no more heart problems since.

When it comes your appointed time you are going out of this world and something in this body has to quit working.

But Paul said to the believers ," absent from the body is present with the Lord".

So I know where he is and I am going to be with again when my appointed time comes to leave this world.

The Comforter has truly been with me and my 4 children . Their spouses have been a tower of strength for me through it all. They still are here helping me make good decisions and going with me to get everything that you have to done. What a reward to see Christ in the actions of my children and the peace that passes all understanding that God has given to each of us during this valley time in our lives.

Isa,53.4 has truly been fulfilled in our lives .surly he hath bore our griefs and carried all our sorrows.

The food that came into my home at this time was so much we had to send some to the abused Women & Children Shelter Home .I have never seen such an abundance of food anywhere in my whole life!

Where I had been at hospital with Bill my pastor and his mother vacuumed and cleaned my home for me the day he died.What humble Servants of God

God went before me and provided all that I needed and still is doing that.

He is such a big God I can not comprehend him.It amazes me that he loves this Ole sinner and saved me by grace( a gift of God )

The day of receiving friends there was a rainbow over our church where we were and it had NOT rained that day. At least not in our community. God's sign that he keeps his promises if we trust in him.

I can truly say ; God keeps his promises and I stand amazed!

I can't wait to see him for there is No earthly words to thank him or to describe him with here.

Come soon Lord Jesus.

<><


Wednesday August 8, 2007 -

1 comment:

Betty said...

Elsie,
Thank you for dropping in to visit with me and taking the time to leave a sweet comment.

I can feel God's love in your comments about your husband, the kindnesses shown to you, God's grace to you during your time of sorrow.

How could we survive the troubles of this present world were it not for God's grace? I can't imagine.

Blessings to you and those you love during this season of our Savior's birth....Betty