Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Autumn is Here


"Autumn is Here!

I can't believe that its Fall time already.. My My where does time go these years? They are having Fall festivals all around in towns this week end to kick off the season.My Hubby & I have been invited to a cook out tonight at a 500 acres farm about an hours drive from us.

I made a homemade all the way chocolate pie and butterscotch pie to take .( guess I should have made pumpkin) to keep in with the season.

The season of Autumn reminds me of the autumn of life when the frost bites us and something goes wrong with our health and we start to fail in physical strength. We know winter is coming and soon we will leave this old world.But knowing that springtime comes next ( the resurrection ) makes it ok.

My flowers were so beautiful this summer and life has been good in spite of my dear hubby's health not holding up well and mine also.I dread the cold weather & I could live in Florida if it wasn't humid .

So will have to think about how to cut the 4 o'clock s off the top of a yellow jackets nest that has built beside my front porch steps so I can spray them out one night.I usually wait till it frost a bit before I clean up the 4 o'clock 's but due to the bees nest I better get it done .Wish me luck.

Elsie



Friday September 22, 2006 - 12:53pm (EDT)

No comments: