Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yahoo! 360° - Grandaughter Knitting


Yahoo! 360° - Busyhands: "Entry for October 20, 2005

O my I am so happy! Today I taught my 6 year old granddaughter how to cast on stitches to knit!

She has set since last winter with a set of my straight knitting needles and an old skein of yarn and worked the needles in the yarn something else. Image Well today her Mom stopped by to check a yellow jacket bee sting I had gotten while I was cutting dead flower stems off in front of my house. My DGD got her yarn & needles and went to work. I sat down beside her and started to show her how to cast on, never thinking she's really catching on. But did she ever. I said to her, “today you have blessed your grandma, Hannah,' She simply smiled at me and kept casting on.

I just had to share with you all. Will post a picture when I can get one.

No comments: